Friday, February 11, 2011

What's the Weight Really About?

Ever since watching Oprah yesterday, I can't stop thinking about a question I've heard her ask, time and time on her show, while featuring anything having to do with weight loss.  The statement/question:  What's the Weight Really About?  This question has had me really thinking about why we as women struggle with weight issues to begin with whereby we put on a few pounds, a few more, and before you we know it we let our weight spiral out of control.  

When I ponder this question on a deeper level, I can easily go back to stages of my life where I have dealt with weight issues (this can be on either side of the spectrum) and know exactly what I was dealing with at the time that caused me to put on a significant amount of weight.  Even now, it occurred to me while chatting with a close friend last night that because I'm finally in a good place in life-happy, challenging myself, finally taking control of my life back the weight just seems to be melting off.  However, just months back it was a completely different story.  I wasn't at a happy place, and couldn't shake the weight no matter how hard I tried.  Old habits would continue to creep up and before you know it those habits would take pride in comforting my deeply wounded soul.

It's an interesting question indeed, and one that anyone who's ever struggled with a weight issue should ask themselves.  So ask yourself...what's the weight really about?

No comments:

Post a Comment