Thursday, February 17, 2011

From Couch to 5K


As of this week, I've decided to start following the Couch-to-5K training program.  Couch-to-5K??? As I'm sure many of you are asking.  To give you an idea on what it is, it's a very popular training program that has literally helped thousands get off the couch and into a structured running regimen with ease.  Couch-to-5K is pretty much a gradual running program where you start off with a light walking/jogging combination and then work your way up to running three miles (or 5K) in just under two months.   

Each session should take anywhere from 20-30 minutes, three times a week and before you know it you actually build the conditioning needed to become an actual runner...now how cool is that???

There's literally tons of program's available to assist one who wants to give the Couch-to-5K training program a try.  I have one application downloaded onto my phone which breaks the program down into 9 weeks and enables me to time myself as I'm performing the program on a week by week basis.  You can also find information on the program on the net; a quick Google search will pull up more information than you'll know what to do with.  One great site that I found pretty useful is http://www.coolrunning.com  This site not only has instructions on how to perform the program, but a schedule you can follow to help guide through each stage.

Now I don't know about you, but I'm really excited about my new challenge and can't wait to start seeing results over the course of the next few weeks.  

Wish me luck!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment