Saturday, February 12, 2011

Filling Foods...What Are They?

I didn't realize the importance of filling foods until I joined the Weight Watchers program and heard its importance reiterated again while reading, "The Cheater's Diet" by Marisa Lippert (look out for a blog post on her book).  


When it came to meals in the past, I would opt for whatever I was craving for, and couldn't quite make the connection as to why I'd be hungry literally minutes after sitting down to meals.  Well you know what my problem was?  The lack of filling foods in my diet.  And what do I mean by filling foods?  Foods that keep you satiated from one meal to the next and really keep hunger in check.


So with the messages I've been hearing over and over again about the importance of incorporating filling foods into your diet, I've been making an effort to structure my meals in such a way so that I'm fueling my body all day long with the foods that not only satisfy me but keep me full in between meals.  


To give you an example of some of the filling foods that I've adopted as of late, here's a list of some of the foods I've been making a large part of my diet:
  • Oatmeal with berries
  • Apple and peanut butter
  • Popcorn
  • Nuts
  • Yogurt with sunflower seeds
  • Slice of sprouted grain toast with peanut butter
  • Edamame beans
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Brown Rice
  • Stir fry with broccoli
If you're not quite sure what type of foods do the trick in terms of creating a feeling of fullness between meals, then take the next couple of weeks to really experiment with meals and track down which one's tend to keep you full with each meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment