Sunday, February 6, 2011

Healthy Shrimp Crab Cakes and Aioli Sauce


Decided to pull out one of the cooking books and try something new and came across a recipe for Crab cakes.  I've never tried crab cakes before, but these things are to die for...literally.  I must say that I did alter the recipe a bit to suit my own taste and preferences and was quite impressed overall with how this dish came out.  For example, I decided to add shredded shrimp in addition to the crab, and  added cilantro and green onions...what can I say, I'm all about taste and if I can experiment here and there with various herbs and spices I will.  


Either way, you'll find the recipe below for my own version of shrimp/crab cakes.  If you get a chance to try it out, drop me a line and let me know how it turns out.


Enjoy!!!



Healthy Crab Cakes with Aioli Sauce

·     2 Cups of crab meat (Blue Swimming Claw meat)
·         2 Cups of Shrimp (shredded in food processor)
·         1 cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
·         ½ chopped onion
·         ½ cup chopped Green onion
·         1 cup of Cilantro (less if you’d prefer)
·         ½ juice of lemon
·         1 whole egg
·         1 Tbsp of EVOO oil or Canola
·         1 Tbsp of Olive Oil Mayo
·         Salt and pepper to taste
·         Oxo powder (2 tsp)
·         Paprika
·         Garlic salt (2 tsp)
·         Red pepper flakes

Directions:

Crab cakes
Start off by lining 2 pans with foil and set aside.

In a large bowl add crab meat, shredded shrimp, onion, green onion, cilantro lemon and oil and mix (you can use hands or a fork).  Once ingredients are mixed add seasonings and mix thoroughly. 

Using hands form large sized balls of crab/shrimp mixture, pat down into a patty and place on foil pan.  Once patties are all placed, place in fridge and let firm up for about 15-20 minutes. 

Once cakes are firm place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.

2 points/cake (recipe makes 9 cakes in total)


Aioli Dill Sauce
1/3 cup mayo
Zest of lemon
Lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Dried Dill (2 tsp)
1 tsp Dijon Musard
Cloves of Garlic minced

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and let chill in fridge for a few minutes before serving.

4 points in Total

No comments:

Post a Comment