Friday, January 14, 2011

Slow Down Your Eating, It Really Works...

It's been a good couple of days and I've been consciously trying to adopt the principles in Judith Becks, "The Beck Diet Solution".  One such principle I've been working hard at is slowing down my eating with each meal.  If you're anything like me, when I come across good food or food in general, I literally wolf it down.  You'd almost think it was the last supper and I was facing an imminent death. 


In reading the principles provided in Beck's book, I've been learning that because of a time lapse between the food that goes into your stomach and the time it registers to your brain, it literally takes 20 minutes for your brain to register that you're full.  So with that said, what I've been doing is consciously chewing my food much slower and taking the time to savor each bite.  As a result of making this small minor change, I've been feeling much more satiated between meals and have been having a hard time to using up all my daily Weight Watchers points.  Now for someone who loves food and has had a hard time with mindless eating, this is huge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment