Tuesday, January 11, 2011

For the Love of Zumba!

So I have been on a mission as of late to find a Zumba class to take in my home-town; not just any Zumba class, but a class where the instructor knows what she's doing but exhibits the passion and love for what she does.  The quest started after attending a Zumba class at my local gym some time last week.  


Oh let me tell you about last week.  So it was a Wednesday evening, the start of getting back on plan with my work-outs, when I decided to give my local gym's Zumba class a try...can you say disappointment! Yes it was a disappointment! For one the instructor didn't know what she was doing; obviously had no previous dance training; and had no passion for whatsoever for the dance itself. 


I was tempted a few times to walk out of the class, and let me tell you- some did, but I figured what the hell, might as well get the work-out in and call it a day.  Now after my experience and wanting to get back into doing Zumba again, I decided that I was going to explore various Zumba offerings in my city when I came across a video link for a well-known local dance instructor by the name of Maria Jose Romero.   My girlfriend told me about Maria in the past, but I didn't know just how good she was until I saw her video's.  So...I believe it's fate (smiles)...my quest is over and I am now on a mission to track down where Maria teaches her sessions so I can start attending her classes.  

Now for those of you who don't believe just how good Maria is, check out her video:

No comments:

Post a Comment