Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pie Square Method of Eating

In an earlier post entitled, "Nutritional and Fitness Tips for Motivation" I had offered up a tip I use when portioning out my meals that I wanted to expand on for my readers.  The method I use is called the "Pie-square Method", a technique where you divide your plate according to the portions you're suppose to eat of each food category.  As shown in the picture below, when dividing up my plate, I always make sure that 1/2 of my plate is filled with vegetables; 1/4 for proteins, and the other 1/4 for carbs.  I primarily use this method for each of my main meals-breakfast, lunch and dinner, however; breakfast slightly differs in that I swap my vegetable portions with fruit instead.


This is a great technique for keeping your eating on a track and knowing how much of which foods you should be eating on a regular basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment