Saturday, April 17, 2010

Meal Tracking


One habit that I've gotten into to monitor my eating patterns is journaling.  Using a template that I created myself (see below), I track  everything you can think of, from the portions of food I should be eating, the times in which I eat and a description of everything that goes into my mouth (everything!).  There's also a section to track my water intake, beverages consumed besides water, supplements taken through-out the day, and a notes section to capture my bowel movements (yes I track my bowel movements), overall bodily discomforts and moods.  

The practice of food journaling has really forced me to take responsibility for myself by being more accountable to my eating.  Not only that, it has been a great tool to study my eating patterns and why and when I tend to eat certain things.

If you already haven't done so, I encourage all of you to get into the habit of tracking your meals through journaling.  You'll not only learn a about yourself in the process, but you'll be given a tool to make keeping your health in check a lot easier.  

Feel free to use and adapt my personal Meal Tracker as you see fit.  If you would like me to send you a copy of the my actual tracker let me know!

Good luck!










Meal Plan Tracker        
                                                                         
Meals
Times
Description
Meal #1
½ protein, 2 whole grain, 1 fruit




Meal #2
1 fat, 1 fruit



Meal #3
1 protein, 1 whole grain, 1 vegetable serving, 1 fat




Meal #4
½ protein, 1 fruit



Meal #5
1 protein,1 whole grain, 2 vegetable serving, 1 fat





Water (500ml):
             
Supplements:
________________________________________
________________________________________
Notes:
________________________________________
________________________________________
Other Beverages:
_____________________________
_____________________________

                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment