Thursday, April 29, 2010

Do You Know What Your Food Could Be Doing To You?



Last weekend I was seriously craving Chinese Food so hubby and I decided to break the healthy eating streak and indulge in our favorite eats.  As good as the food was, I kind of regret ordering it after having what I believe was an allergic reaction to the the MSG contained within the food.


My mouth immediately broke into tiny red bumps; my tongue became really itchy; I felt as if I was coming down with a sore throat and my forehead and the area underneath my eyes broke out into dry, painful patches.  Luckily for me, the reaction went away after 3 days of clean eats, but my experience had me wondering what the type of foods we eat could be doing to us.


This wouldn't be the first time that someone in my family has suffered a severe reaction to a product with traces of MSG.  My husband use to suffer from migraine headaches immediately after sitting down to a meal. We couldn't figure out what it was until we realized it was the oxo-powder and cubes I was using to season our meals.  Since then I have stopped using pretty much anything with MSG and have resorted to using sea-salt and various herbs to season our food.


 Now, I've often heard that MSG was bad for you, but didn't know just how bad it was until I did a little research on the ingredient.   


 Here's a clip I pulled off 60 minutes on MSG and its dangers:



Photo-sourceapiopa.org

No comments:

Post a Comment