Saturday, March 19, 2011

Jamaican Patty Dilemma...



Who doesn't love a Jamaican patty from time to time?  I know I do, but after finding out how many calories and grams of fat are loaded in those babies, I think I may have  to reconsider them altogether.  Thank-God for nutrition labels!  Can you believe that 1 large patty contains almost 700 calories and 36 grams of fat???  For those of you following weight watchers that's approximately anywhere from 17-20 points in total...for one patty.  That's about 85% of one's caloric intake...yikes!!!


Thank-God that the package for the Jamaican patties at an event I was at this afternoon was laying around and I was able to check the nutrition facts label. Eating one and not having the nutrition label to go by, definitely would have spelled disaster to my diet.


As much as a girl has always loved the odd occasional patty, after today...not so much.   

No comments:

Post a Comment