Saturday, March 13, 2010

I'm Juicing!


After 3 years of sitting in the basement untouched, I decided to pull out my juicer for the first time and give juicing a try. I know some of you may be wondering why I waited so long to start juicing and the only logical reason I can give is that it just wasn't the right timing. 3 years ago, I was in a completely different frame of mind when it came to health than I am now. For me, I was solely concerned about losing weight and didn't concern myself too much with the benefits of choosing to live a healthy and balanced lifestyle.

As a part of living a healthy and balanced lifestyle, I have turned to juicing to aid me on my journey towards health. Juicing has so many benefits to one health including healing, digestion, cleansing, and protection from disease. Not only that, juicing provides you with all sorts of nutrients, vitamins and minerals to help the body regenerate itself.

As mentioned in my previous post, I've adopted many of Gillian McKeith's tips and guidelines in "You Are What You Wat" as a part of my own and have been implementing a few juicing suggestions as a part of my diet.

My favorite recipe out of her book is her "Grapes Galore". It calls for 20 green grapes, 10 Strawberries, 1 apples, and 2 sprigs of fresh mint (not a big fan of fresh mint so I opted not to use it). Talk about a smooth, tasty and refreshing drink!

For more information on juicing check out the detox section of Gillian McKeith's, You Are What You Eat" or this article on energiseforlife.com:





No comments:

Post a Comment