Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cynthia & Amy's 12 Week Challenge: Monday Weigh-In Wk #9

Week #9 Update:



Cynthia:
What does stress, exhaustion and lack of motivation equal: a perfect formula for disaster!  Well that's the type of week I had last week and am still having this week.  I've been super stressed, exhausted, tired, drained, and as a result I've been resorting back to those same patterns that had me carrying more than 20 pounds on my frame.  

If there's one lesson contained in this story, it's that self-care is super important when it comes to success with any weight loss program.  In fact self-care is super important irregardless.  I know I haven't been taking care of ME and it's been showing up with my eating big time.  

There's only a few weeks left of this challenge, and I really can't give up now.  I've come way to far to throw it all a way.  I promise, I'll get over this little hump I'm going through and give all I've got to reach the end!


Oh and by the way, I put on a stinking pound with last weekends weigh in (sad face).





Amy: 

One of my fav leaders once said "if you kinda follow the program, it will kinda work" - if you follow the program, it WILL work". Ok, so I took it to heart this week after my disappointing 0.2 pound weight loss last week. And guess what, I was down 1.6 pounds. Boredom is my enemy - I get  lazy about tracking and the result is never good. And complacency is enemy #2.


As this journey slowly comes to an end (only a few more weeks until final weigh in) I realize that I have learned tons about myself. But probably the most important thing that I've learned is that this is hard work, and you need good friends that get it to stand by you. A special thanks to you Cynthia - I wouldn't be where I am today without you by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment