Friday, February 26, 2010

Healthy Guacamole


In my attempt to eat really clean and not make my diet seem so much like a diet, I've been experimenting with all sorts of new recipes as a way to liven up my meals and take the BOREDOM out of following a healthy, clean diet.

One recipe that I recently came across is a guacamole veggie dipper which I just love and one that I use as a snack alternative with celery sticks. The best thing about this recipe is that it's super, super, healthy and it not only satisfies your cravings, but also makes up your daily fat intake. You only need about 1-2 tbsp/serving and you're good to go.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
2-3 avocados
1/2 a lemon or lime
1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
1/3 cup of chopped onion
1 small tomato or 1 tbsp of salsa
salt and pepper to taste

In a small bowl, pit the avocados and mash together with a fork. Add chopped cilantro, onion, tomatoes and/or salsa. Squeeze lemon into mixture and add salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment