Sunday, January 22, 2012

Healthy Habit: Meal Planning


This week I'm trying my hands at something I haven't quite gotten the knack of and that is meal planning.  Because you're primarily relying on a calorie/points counting method on Weight Watchers (WW), anyone that has ever followed the program and has had success on it, will swear by the importance of this simple habit.  

Now I haven't been always consistent with meal planning, but the one thing I've noticed when I do plan out my meals is that I'm more than likely to stick to the program and keep within my allotted daily points.  On the flip side, if I overlook this one simple habit, you can always bank on me going over my points each and every time.  Luckily, WW allots an additional weekly allowance for such situations, but I'd like to actually get into the habit of pre-tracking my meals so I can put those points towards my favorite treats.  

According to most experts, meal planning doesn't take much time.  All it takes really is you sitting down once or even a couple of times a week and coming up with a schedule of meals for the week.  There's nothing to it as long as you're willing to take the time and make it a part of your routine.  

So as of today, I'm making that commitment to start getting into the habit of meal planning.  I've already started this evening and you know what, it's actually not as hard as I thought it would be.  



Photo-source: www.sheknowsbest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment