Friday, January 20, 2012

A Little Motivation...


It's been way too long since I've blogged, but my life has been a roller-coaster ride with a few events that have taken place recently.  Things haven't been easy, but I think I'm ready to shift my focus and put myself back on the map by getting healthy again.  I've been back on Weight Watchers for the last two weeks and am so ready to drop the 35-40 pounds I've been trying to drop since last year.  

In order to motivate myself to stay focused on the program, I have decided to invest in the ever so popular Pandora bracelets and apply the keychain method Weight Watchers (WW) often uses as a way to motivate members to stick to their program.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the keychain method,  when you sign up with the program and start losing, WW adds an extra incentive by motivating its members with charms per every number of pounds lost on program.  So for example, if you lose the first 10% of your body weight, you get a ring for a keychain.  As you continue to lose and reach specific percentage points with weight loss, you get charms to add to your ring as a way to track your progress while following the program.  I think it's a great method for tracking weight loss and, more importantly, keeping you focused on reaching your goal.  

With that said, I've decided to personalize my journey on Weight Watchers by investing in something I've always wanted, but earning it by keeping on track with program.  I'm going to start my new venture by purchasing a Pandora bracelet and motivating myself with weight loss by purchasing a charm with every 5 pounds I lose while on program.  I think this is a fantastic way to get back on board with program and motivate myself by investing in something pretty to help me along the way.  




No comments:

Post a Comment