Saturday, October 1, 2011

Points Cycling-Wendie's Plan

I know it's been a while since I've updated on my progress with Weight Watchers, but I am back on the program as of 10 weeks ago and am having really good success with the it, then I again I should say "was", as I seem to have hit the ever so dreaded plateau with weight loss.  It's probably not that big of a deal since it's only been a couple of weeks, but it's kind of getting frustrating jumping on the scale from week to week and fighting to drop the 1-2 pounds I keep on losing, gaining and maintaining.  


Starting next week Monday though, I'm going to switch things up and try my hands at points cycling.  For those of you who aren't familiar with points or calorie cycling it's a system where you take the points or caloric values you're allotted each week and vary them from day to day.  You still stick to what your given for values each week, but you alternate them by having some high and some low point/calorie days.  I'm not sure how this system started, but it's an excellent way to break plateaus or lose weight in general as it keeps your body constantly in guess mode and tricks your body from remaining status quo and losing consistently until you reach your weight loss goals.


The one plan I'm going to try my hands at is a plan that's been developed specifically for Weight Watchers (WW) called Wendie's Plan.  Don't know who Wendie is or where she came from, but her system works in pretty much in the same fashion as described above and is specifically geared toward those following WW.  


For example, if my range was between 22-29 points per day, here's what the point values would look like for the week:


Day 1: 22 points
Day 2: 28 points
Day 3: 23 points
Day 4: 36-39 points
Day 5: 22 points
Day 6: 29 points
Day 7: 27 points


I'm feeling pretty hopeful that this system will help me break my pleateau as I've used it in the past on previous programs and had really good success with it.  

Cheers to an awesome week!  


No comments:

Post a Comment